Bringing London to Shanghai
British luxury brand Burberry will mark the launch of their new Shanghai flagship, Burberry Kerry Centre, by bringing London to Shanghai. Guests, including Burberry family members Cara Delevingne, Suki Waterhouse, Jamie Campbell Bower, AngelaBaby and Guey Lun Mei will be taken on a journey celebrating the Burberry worlds of Britishness, heritage, music and fashion. Consumers globally will be able to follow the event live on dedicated Burberry social streams.
Inspired by London
Inspired by 121 Regent Street, the brand’s global flagship, Burberry Kerry Centre brings its London flagship experience to life in the heart of Shanghai. Incorporating British craftsmanship and materials, the space reflects the architectural design concept developed by Chief Creative Officer, Christopher Bailey. The flagship brings the brand’s digital world to life in a physical space, where customers can experience every facet of the brand from events, to music, to heritage, while housing the fullest breadth of Burberry collections in Asia.
Located over three floors in the center of Shanghai’s Jing An district, Burberry Kerry Centre has been designed to offer multi-sensory experiences for its customers and communities, featuring exclusive products and services. Part event space, part entertainment hub, part store, the flagship is a dynamic and luxurious new brand environment.
A dynamic illuminated façade responding to both programmed animation and the outdoors while organically interacting with natural light.
• Evolution of the Burberry Retail Theatre concept in China, offering immersive audiovisual experiences via 40 video screens and 130 speakers throughout the store, including the first digital brand gallery in Asia.
• First in-store Burberry Beauty room in China, featuring the full Burberry fragrance and make up collections with specialist Burberry Beauty consultants offering personalized appointments.
• A dedicated watch area showcases a wide selection of Burberry watches, including the fully expanded Britain collection for men and women.
• Innovative use of radio-frequency identification technology (RFID). Woven into select apparel and accessories, RFID chips trigger unique multimedia content on mirrors that turn to screens instantly to showcase runway footage and exclusive product videos.
• Online insights meet offline interactions to create a tailored and personal shopping experience, including mobile check-out and Customer 1-2-1 – through which store associates can access customers’ unique preferences and shopping history.
• A program of live events by the best in established and emerging creative talent will be hosted in-store, while satellite technology allows for the live streaming of events to a global digital audience.
• An exclusive limited edition collection of men’s and women’s ready-to-wear and accessories, including the iconic trench coat, to celebrate the launch of the store.
Experience the event on WeChat: As part of the London to Shanghai event, Burberry and social communication app platform WeChat and Weixin have collaborated to replicate the entire event on mobile, by creating a parallel experience on the platform. Before the event, users on the Burberry WeChat platform will be able to take part in a Burberry journey from London to Shanghai by shaking, swiping or tapping their devices to interact with a series of London and Shanghai skylines – making use of "hot spots", a new functionality developed by Burberry with WeChat and Weixin.
After the event, users can explore the event within interactive panoramas using a newly developed tool which allows users to immerse themselves in the event by exploring dynamic, 360° views of the space, zooming in to reveal hidden, exclusive content and event details. The experience on the WeChat and Weixin platform will form the deepest, most interactive form of Burberry social storytelling to date. The launch of this activity marks the second stage of an innovation partnership announced earlier this year.
Follow Burberry from London to Shanghai: on all Burberry social streams, including Sina Weibo, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Google+ and Sina Weibo where the event will be covered live. (Asia)
In the Philippines, Burberry is exclusively distributed by Stores Specialists, Inc. (SSI) and is located at Greenbelt 4, Rustan’s Makati, and Rustan’s Tower.