Watch ASOP Music Festival at the Araneta Coliseum on Oct 13
I remember attending last year's ASOP's Year 3 mini presscon at Sumo Sam Cubao. The christian song entrees were mainstream and has a recall to the audience. Now on its year 4, ASOP continues to touch the heart of the audience by presenting this year's entrees. You can watch the concert/competition for free on October 13 at the SMART Araneta Coliseum at 6pm.
ASOP (A Song of Praise ) now on its 4th year launches its 12 interpreters and songwriters to the media last October 7 at the Elements, Centris. The launch were hosted by Mr. Richard Reynoso, Toni Rose Gayda together with Mr. Mon del Rosario. Mr. Daniel Razon was also present to support ASOP's interpreters and composers.
It is yet another year given by the Almighty to A Song of Praise or ASOP Music Festival, your one and only favorite praise song writing competition on the television.
Twelve new songs, the cream of the crop, were chosen to be performed onstage by multi-talented and acclaimed Filipino singers at the grand finals night!
The event is an assortment of novice and experienced composers once again. Even first-time songwriters, who joined the competition at the drop of a hat, had reached the finals round!
Here are the interpreters and composers that made up the 12 finalists!
– “ALABOK” composed by Jesmer Marquez, interpreted by Jeffrey Hidalgo
– “SABIK SA’YO” composed by Joseph Bolinas, interpreted by Ney Dimaculangan
– “WALANG HANGGAN” composed by Benedict Sy, interpreted by Maki Ricafort
– “JESUS, I LOVE YOU” composed by Timothy Joseph Cardona, interpreted by RJ Buena
– “MAHAL MO AKO” composed by Maria Loida Estrada, interpreted Sabrina
– “KUNG PAG-IBIG MO’Y ULAN” composed by Christian Malinias, interpreted by Leah Patricio
– “DAKILA KA AMA” composed by Ella Mae Septimo, interpreted by Ruth Regine Reyno
– “IKAW NA LANG MAG-DRIVE NG BUHAY KO” composed by Rolan Delfin, interpreted by Betong Sumaya
– “PAHINTULUTAN MO” composed by Leonardo de Jesus III, interpreted by Philippe Go
– “SALAMAT PO, AMA” composed by Dennis Roxas, interpreted by Jojo Alejar
– “PAKAMAMAHALIN DIN KITA” composed by Dennis Avenido, interpreted by Nino Alejandro
Check out some of the videos below:
Respected names in the music and entertainment industry have graciously accepted the role of giving their insights and critique for each of the song. They are Ryan Cayabyab, Celeste Legaspi, Mon del Rosario, Jungee Marcelo, Jett Pangan, and Lachmi Baviera.
The prizes at stake are:
100 thousand pesos for the 3rd runner-up song.
150 thousand pesos for the 2nd runner-up song.
250 thousand pesos for the 1st runner-up song.
and 500 thousand pesos for the “Song of the Year”!
The best interpreter will also bag a prize of 50 thousand pesos.