Its that time of the year when Moms like us think of what to prepare and cook for our loved ones on our Noche Buena table. King Sue whips up delicious recipes in time for the holidays.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year to be with family and friends and share good food. Made with love at the heart of every kitchen and helping each other cook up a delightful Holiday feast is a lovely tradition. King Sue has some suggestions for that perfect Christmas spread—from ham steaks, burritos, pasta, gratin, and bruschetta, to a host of other recipes—that will not only make this year’s Yuletide celebration more meaningful:
GLAZED HAM STEAK
|Glazed Ham Steak|
• 1 kilo King Sue Sweet Ham, cut into 2 inch slices
• 1 can crushed pineapple
• 2 Tbsp. brown sugar / muscovado sugar
• 1 Tbsp. butter
• 3 Tbsp. honey
• Shallow baking pan
• 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
• Heavy skillet
* Open the can of crushed pineapple and pour the contents into a sauce pan.
* Add the brown sugar, butter and honey to the pan, and stir to combine.
* Turn the stove on medium and heat the glaze until hot.
* Take it off the burner and let it cool for about five minutes.
* Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
* Line a shallow baking pan with aluminum foil, and place the ham steaks in the baking pan.
* Pour the pineapple glaze over the steaks. Spread the glaze completely over the steaks.
* Cover the pan with a sheet of aluminum foil and put it in the oven.
* Cook the glazed ham steaks 18 to 20 minutes.
* Take off the aluminum foil covering the ham steaks and let them stand for five minutes.
Serve while warm.
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 small onion, minced
• 1 small tomato, diced
• 1 small green bell pepper, diced
• 1 pc chicken breast, strips
• ½ King Sue Chorizo Filipino
• 3 slices King Sue (your choice of ham)
• ¼ tsp paprika
• Salt and pepper
• 1 cup cooked rice
• Tortilla (optional)
* Heat the pan, pour in olive oil. Sauté the chorizo for a few seconds to get its flavor, then remove chorizo from the pan.
* Sauté onion, tomato, and chicken. Let the chicken for a few minutes.
* Add in the ham and chorizo.
* Season it with paprika, salt and pepper.
* Add in the cooked rice, turn off the heat and add the bell pepper.
* Serve on plate or wrapped in tortilla.
PENNE PASTA WITH HUNGARIAN SAUSAGE
|Penne Pasta with Ham Sausage|
• 1 pound penne pasta
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
• 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
• 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning mix
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flake, optional
• 4 King Sue Hungarian-Style Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
• 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1/4 cup heavy cream
• ¼ cup parmesan cheese
• Basil leaves, for garnish
• Store bought garlic bread.
* Bring large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook pasta according to package directions.
* In a large deep skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil.
* Add onion, garlic, Italian seasoning mix and red pepper flakes, if using.
* Stir frequently and cook until the onions are soft and fragrant, about 3 to 4 minutes
* Add sausage and cook for 1 minute
* Add can of crushed tomatoes, stirring all the ingredients together to combine.
* Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste and let simmer for 10 minutes.
* Stir in heavy cream and mix well.
* Drain the pasta and add directly to the skillet with the sauce Toss the pasta to coat with the sauce.
* Transfer to a serving bowl or platter, top with parmesan cheese and garnish with basil leaves.
* Serve with garlic bread.
POTATO AND CHORIZO GRATIN
|Potato and Chorizo Gratin|
• King Sue Chorizo Bilbao
• 1 kilo marble Potatoes
• 1 pack all purpose cream
• 1 bar cheddar cheese (easy melt) grated
• ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
• 1 bar (200gms) mozzarella cheese
* Cut potatoes in half and boil with a little salt until done, let it cool.
* Cook chopped Chorizo in oil set it aside.
* Toss potatoes with all purpose cream, grated parmesan cheese and cheddar.
* Add in Chorizo bits. Left some for toppings.
* Put in baking dish and top with grated mozzarella cheese and chorizo.
OVEN BAKED BACON WITH VEGETABLES BRUSCHETTA
• 3-4 slices King Sue Sliced Bacon
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 2 whole tomatoes, cubed
• Portion of Zuchinni cubed
• 1 pc green capsicum, cut into thin strips
• 1 French Baguette (small)
• Olive oil cooking spray
• 1 large garlic clove, halved
• 150g mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
* Preheat oven toaster. Sprinkle olive oil, salt and pepper over the tomatoes, zucchini and bell pepper. Roast for about 8-10 minutes.
* Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook bacon for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove and drain on paper towel.
* Preheat oven toaster. Cut four 2cm-thick slices from loaf.
* Heat bread in oven toaster for 1 to 2 minutes until golden. Rub both sides of bread with cut side of garlic clove. Top bread with capsicum, bacon and mozzarella. Place in oven toaster and cook for 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
* Serve immediately.
SWEET AND SOUR HAWAIIAN HAM
|Sweet and Sour Hawaiian Ham|
• 500 gms King Sue Hawaiian Ham Loaf cubes
• 1/3 cup white or rice vinegar (Note: rice vinegar gives better results)
• 4 tablespoon brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon ketchup
• 1 teaspoon soy sauce
• 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 4 teaspoons water
* Mix the vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, and soy sauce together and bring to a boil in a small pot.
* Mix together the cornstarch and water, add to the other ingredients and stir to thicken then pour in KING SUE HAWAIAN CUBED HAM.
* If desired, you can add 1 green pepper, cut into chunks, and pineapple chunks as desired after adding the cornstarch. For a thicker sauce, increase the cornstarch to 4 teaspoons while keeping the water constant.
For more easy-to-make recipes using various King Sue products, check out their website www.kingsue.com/recipes and start planning a special Yuletide table.