“You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.” — Buddha
It happens to everyone of us when we feel down and stressed. We tend to shop, run, eat, travel, go to the spa, hit the gym or anything that we love doing to redeem us of our self worth.
When you're feeling bad, and you buy something good, and you look good, you feel better.
As for me, I splurge on things that I love like buying a good book. I always set aside time to read. It makes me a better person I think.
Buy a new trainer shoes. Go to the gym when I ran out of breath, because that's the sign that Im gaining weight.
Visit Watsons to buy my vitamins and splurge a bit on makeups when on sale.
Self-love is a journey. It takes dedication, devotion, and practice.
Self-love is a major theme for 2018 and it’s no surprise. People are usually very busy living their lives and taking care of their loved ones that they tend to neglect themselves. We forget that our greatest love story should be with ourselves —take care of yourself and you’ll be rewarded; if you look good, you’ll feel great.
Glad to have companies like Watsons reminding us to give ourselves a little more love with its recently launched online video, http://bit.ly/WatsonsPH. Check it out and learn a thing or two about self-love.
Self-love is a state of appreciation for yourself that is manifested through different means. Self-love involves taking care of yourself, not losing touch with who you are despite the stresses of everyday life. Taking care of your health, face, hair and skin are some of the basic aspects of self-love because when you look good, you feel great.
Self-love starts with self-awareness, which means knowing your strengths and weaknesses and likes and dislikes. It can mean anything from doing something that will make you feel great like wearing a new pair of shoes or applying red lipstick on a Monday to make you look good.
So what steps can you take to love yourself more and, in the process, feel great? Here are some suggestions:
1. Be aware. It all starts with knowing who you are and what you can do.
2. Don’t procrastinate. So one of your New Year’s resolutions is to achieve glowing skin. Don’t wait until the year is over to have a realistic skin care routine based on proper cleansing, moisturizing and sun protection.
3. Be goal-oriented. Proper sleep, exercise and good nutrition are only some of the steps you should take to achieve your goals. List down your goals and think carefully how you can achieve them.
4. Don’t be too hard on yourself. You’re not perfect; nobody is. If you are overweight, you can do something about it. If you look tired, there’s a reason for that. It’s not because you were born that way.
5. Realize that you’re not alone. So many people struggle with lack of time or will to take proper care of yourself. Watsons encourages people to love themselves more to look good and feel great.
To learn more about the video, visit the Watsons Philippines Facebook page and watsonsph on Instagram.