Healthy Green Tea Smoothie with Real California Milk
When my kids were a lot younger, our grocery shopping will never be complete without our favorite milk and dairy products. A practice which all three of them seemed to have adopted since I now always see their ref well stocked with the dairy products they love and I think my grandkids are also embracing because “Milk” or “Mik” or “miyak” were among the first words they learned to say.
If there’s one thing I’m proud of teaching my kids, its learning to prioritize their health and to always watch what they are eating. Growing up, they never craved for junk food, only drank soda on occasion, and unlike kids their age, didn’t ask for chocolates too much. And they thanked me for bringing me up that way. Resisting sugary drinks and unhealthy food taught them a thing or two about discipline.
But I did spoil them on milk.
Even if they didn’t have breakfast, they had to drink their milk before going to school in the morning and again before bedtime.
Drink milk before anything else.
It’s become a routine for them that eventually turned into a habit and as they say kept them healthy and helped them sleep soundly at night. I’d like to think that's why they all grew up healthy and were never hospitalized for some serious disease (except for dengue).
They have all grown up loving milk even if they are not drinking it. They mix it with granola or cereals, and I also prepare pancakes, waffles, oatmeal or healthy milk fruit shakes. And when I visit them, they still ask me to cook my version of creamy macaroni soup or “sopas.”
I'm glad that none of them are lactose intolerant so they can enjoy their milk anytime of the day. Like I mentioned, there would always be a carton of milk in the fridge otherwise it’s time to restock.
Now that they have their own families, I'm glad that they too are passing their love for milk to their kids and have incorporated milk and dairy in their usual diet.
Milk is such an important part of our diet. As a healthy drink, it contains a high range of nutrients and offers a lot of health benefits such as:
1. One 8-ounce glass of milk will provide your kids with natural, high-quality protein containing all the essential amino acids. This helps build strong bones, hair, muscles and teeth. And the best time to get your protein is at breakfast, since it provides energy and makes one feel full and satisfied until the next meal.
2. Milk is fortified with Vitamin D for bone health. Both Calcium and Vitamin D help prevent osteoporosis. Vitamin D levels also helps with the production of serotonin, a hormone associated with mood, appetite, and sleep. Those who lack Vitamin D has been associated with depression, chronic fatigue, and PMS. So if you want to drive the blues away, drink your milk.
3. Milk has Potassium which can help with kidney and heart disorders, and helps enhance muscle strength and metabolism. It is a very important mineral for the human body and helps break down and use carbohydrates. To build muscle and lastly to control the electrical activity of the heart.
4. Riboflavin found in milk is an important vitamin that also acts as an antioxidant within the body. It helps to boost energy levels, facilitating in a healthy metabolism, preventing free radical damage. My doctor advises me to drink a glass of milk to help me with my migraine.
5. Milk is an excellent source of Vitamin B12 or cobalamin. It is essential for neurological functions and the growth and division of cells, including red blood cells. To help you grow tall.
Now doesn’t that make you want to grab a glass of milk to start your family’s day? Or perhaps a hunk of cheese, or some butter, or other delicious dairy products?
The last time I went to the grocery, I noticed a new brand of dairy products filling up my favorite chiller. It’s called Real California Milk so I did a bit of research and found out why a lot of people are choosing the one with Real California Milk seal.
California is not just home to Steph Curry and the NBA Champions Golden State Warriors, but to 1,300 dairy farms, 99% of which are family-owned. Generations have carefully tended and cared for the cows, their pastures and farms to produce only high quality dairy products.
Northern California’s climate offers a lot of pasture-based grazing while in sunny Central and Southern California, farms use free stall barns. Fans and misters keep the cows cool, and they have access to shade, food and water 24/7. Dairy farmers throughout the state ensure that the cows are healthy, comfortable and safe as cows that are under stress typically produce little to no milk at all.
In 1993, California exceeded Wisconsin in milk production to become America’s leading dairy producer. California now ranks first in the U.S. for total milk production, and for producing butter, ice cream, non-fat dry milk and whey protein concentrate. It ranks second in yogurt and cheese production, but leads in the production of Mozzarella, Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses. And we thought movies were the state’s biggest production!
Products bearing the Real California Milk seal mean that they were made exclusively with California milk and are power-packed with calcium, protein and other nutrients in each serving.
More California dairy products are sure to end up on local dining tables. On the next trip to the grocery, take a closer look at the chiller for products with the seal. Anytime is the perfect time to have a taste to see the difference.
This assures buyers that they’re getting dairy products made exclusively from nutrient-rich, high quality 100% California milk.
If you want to learn more about Real California Milk, visit www.RealCaliforniaMilk.com or join the conversation at https://www.facebook.com/RCMph/. Better yet, drop by the supermarket to check out products with the Real California Milk seal and give it a go. You’ll be healthier for it.
And because summer is officially here, I am sharing with you my Green Tea smoothies which I’m sure your entire family will love.
2 tablespoon Lemon juice
5 ice cubes
¾-1 cup Real California Milk
1 cup green tea steeped and chilled
1. Gather all the ingredients.
2. Put banana and ice cubes in an electric blender/mixer.
3. Blend until all the ingredients are combined and smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy your healthy green tea smoothie.
California dairy products are available at the following membership shopping outlets and grocery stores in the Philippines:
S&R Membership Shopping
California Sunshine Milk (homogenized, reduced-fat, low-fat and chocolate milk, a wide selection of California Cheeses, and coming soon: Yogurt
Merkado SupermarketCoolhaus pints and sammies
Unimart SupermarketCoolhaus pints and sammies
*This is a sponsored post.