Saturday, November 17, 2018
Are you constipated? Check out 5 signs of constipation
Discomfort, days of waiting and, sometimes, tears are only some of the things constipated people go through on a daily basis.
You know that expression, “It looks like you’re constipated,” referring to your facial expression? That means you have a pained look; an expression that conveys you’ve been suffering.
The suffering is real. There is no pleasure derived from constipation. A person is supposed to poop every day or at least regularly, not twice a week. Moving your bowels should give you a feeling of relief, not pain and more suffering.
So how do you know you’re constipated? Here are some common signs:
1. You poop less than three times a week . While it is not true that you should move your bowels every day in order to be in the non-constipated category , less than three times a week is too much.
2. Your poop is painful, dry and dark. According to the Bristol Stool Chart , if your stool is hard to pass, lumpy and shaped like nuts, you are constipated. You are doing okay if your stool looks like a sausage, has cracks on the surface and is soft and smooth. It is not true that your stools need to be very soft. In fact, having very soft stools that are bordering on being almost liquid is a sign that there is a problem.
3. You’re always gassy. Yes, it can be embarrassing to always be farting, especially when you’re in a public place or, heaven forbid, while out on a date! But being flatulent can be a sign of constipation. Yes, farting isn’t necessarily a sign that you’re on the verge of pooping. Having stored feces makes it difficult for a constipation to pass gas normally and this can result in flatulence .
4. Bleeding. If you see blood in your stool, you may be constipated. Having bloody stools can be caused by anal fissures resulting from hard bowel movement . But it can also mean there is bleeding somewhere in your digestive tract. It is best to have it checked by a doctor.
5. You need a laxative to poop. Laxatives stimulate the lining of the intestine to haste the stool's journey through the colon. They also help increase stool's hydration .
It’s not true that taking laxatives is an unhealthy habit. There is no evidence that use of stimulant laxatives leads to serious health problems .
With decades of clinically proven efficacy and scientific expertise, Bisacodyl (Dulcolax) is the No. 1 laxative in the Philippines.
Bisacodyl (Dulcolax) helps you be in control of your life by helping you poop regularly. If you poop regularly without any straining or pain, you don’t feel bloated or gassy. It can make your life easier. Not worrying about constipation will give you time to enjoy the more important things in life like time with family and friends, traveling, going on adventures and many others.
For more information, visit www.dulcolax.com.ph
Closing the deal are Metrobank Executive Vice President and Institutional Banking Sector Head Mary Mylene A. Caparas (2nd from left) a...
Metrobank bagged three major awards in the recently concluded Asian Banker Transaction Awards Programme 2018Metrobank bagged three major awards in the recently concluded Asian Banker Transaction Awards Programme 2018 held at the China World Hote...
At the Four Seasons Hotel in Hong Kong, the world’s best banks gathered for The Asset Triple A Treasury, Trade, Supply Chain and Risk Mana...