Thursday, May 16, 2019
ETON International School: Nurturing the talent and skills of our future leaders
As a mom one of the best things we could give our children is the gift of education.
I remember what my own mom used to say. Money can be stolen, it can run out as quickly if you dont know how to spend it wisely--but education? That is something you can build on and nobody could take that away.
That is why the last thing you want to do especially if you can afford it is to find the best school for your kids. A school that is progressive and utilizes all the advanced learning techniques not just to educate your kid, but get them ready for a bright future.
Eton International School, the newest bastion of Filipino education has opened its classrooms to the future leaders at one of the most scenic and iconic locations in Manila.
Sitting at the heart of Manila and right at the country’s cradle of arts and culture, the Eton International School rises as the first world-class learning institution inside the prestigious grounds of the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP).
What sets ETON apart from other learning institutions are its three pioneering programs—the Center for the Talented and Gifted for the pre-schoolers; Center for Leadership and Performing Arts for grade school and Center for Technology and Innovation for high school.
Eton even has international curriculum linkages that allow our students to easily be accepted abroad.
Eton International School-CCP stands proudly amongst landmark structures—the Folk Arts Theatre in its north, the Coconut Palace on the east and bordered in the south by the Manila Bay, world-renowned for its spectacular sunrise and glorious sunsets.
“ETON is the school of the future where learning happens beyond the four walls of the classrooms. It is a place where kids will feel safe to learn, grow and multiply their talents exponentially,” said Ms. Jacqueline Marzan-Tolentino, Eton International School Directress.
At ETON we nurture the leadership potential in each child. Our mantra is every child is a leader and every child can be a hero waiting to be unleashed. We take time out to know about the child’s strength and weaknesses so that we can match our teaching style to our students’ learning style. This allows the students to learn, faster, better and higher. Eton International family culture allows students to grow and create better relationships in their family and community. It only takes love to break all barriers in the mind, heart and soul. With our multiple local and international programs, each child is given the chance to find his gifts, strengthen their resiliency and build their confidence,” Tolentino adds.
GET ETON EDUCATED
"Every child is born with Royal Dignity," is the ETON philosophy
“We believe the gifts and calling of each child is irrevocable. A child’s worth is built in. It is our mission to open their mind to possibilities, strengthen their competency and skills and inculcate values that will set them for life,” she adds.
Eton’s motto is Artes (Heart), Scientia (Mind) and Intelligentia(Will or Spirit).
“Every child is nurtured to inspire, to innovate and to lead a life in honor of God and service to humanity. Every Etonian leads with humility, courage and heart,” Tolentino said.
Eton prides itself of its small class size that allows them to focus on the development of each child’s multiple intelligence especially in the crucial foundation years. Tolentino describes this as strengthening their roots to allow the children to be resilient as they grow and bloom and ready to conquer the world.
* LEADERSHIP PROGRAM-Eton provides learning adventures that are life changing. The students are taught to focus on developing their faith in God, self, family and others through self mastery, experiential mastery and life mastery here in the Philippines and abroad.
* LANGUAGE PROGRAM- Eton nurtures the gift not just of one language but three—English, Filipino and Mandarin. The students may also have an elective in French and other languages. – I SPEAK
* EARTH SAVERS PROGRAM - Eton leads the community to take care of the environment through our ECO Savers Program. - I CARE
* ARTS AND CULTURE PROGRAM – Eton promotes Philippine arts and culture from visual arts to performing arts through various exhibitions and cultural activities. - I CREATE
* DEVELOPMENTAL AND ACCELERATION PROGRAM – Eton provides multiple ways to Iearnfrom modular program to hands-on learning .- ILEARN
* ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROGRAM - Eton believes in teaching financial and wealth program at an early age through our various business start-up cases. IBUILD
* RECREATION AND CELEBRATION PROGRAM – Eton promotes local and international sports and wellness program - I EXPLORE
* STEM PROGRAM- Eton’s Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM) program has given the Eton students a remarkable edge in this space. “Our global affiliations range from TOFEL to Lego Robotics to International Learning Styles AndMultiple Intelligence. Our program is used in UK, Asia and US,” Tolentino proudly said. – I SOLVE
* HOLISTIC PROGRAM- Eton sets three goals in every school year for students to learn and grow with from subject goals.
These could be in arts, language, geography, history, ICT, language, math, music, PE, Science, society and technology); Personal goals ( enquiry resilience morality communication thoughtfulness cooperation respect and adaptability):& Internationalization goals ( local and international collaboration and cooperation.)
Students are exposed to different opportunities to grow with their counterparts worldwide through internationalcompetition and fieldwork. – I PRAY
* INTERNATIONAL IMMERSION PROGRAM –
A new reign begins for the Binibining (Bb.) Pilipinas as it comes to a close and six new queens have emerged. Gazini Ganados of Talisay...
Metrobank bagged three major awards in the recently concluded Asian Banker Transaction Awards Programme 2018Metrobank bagged three major awards in the recently concluded Asian Banker Transaction Awards Programme 2018 held at the China World Hote...
Before going to bed every night. I have these beauty rituals that I inherited from my mother--and even my lola, and one of them is to make s...