Monday, June 4, 2018
Salads are the perfect sides to pair with your favorite dishes by King Sue
They’re yummy and easy to do…salads are the most refreshing picks for those who want to shed a few pounds through healthy eating. Aside from helping you maintain fresh, glowing skin, salads are light but filling. They are also perfect sides to pair with your favorite dishes.
KING SUE shares these recipes for a variety of salads for lunch, snacks, dinner and any time in between.
1. HAM AND CHEDDAR MACARONI SALAD. Yes, you can put a twist to your traditional mac and chees just by adding slices of King Sue Ham. Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
• Ingredients: 1 King Sue Pear-shaped Ham, 1 cup cheddar cheese (diced), 450 g pack elbow macaroni (cooked elbow macaroni: al dente), 1 cup parmesan cheese grated, 1 cup chopped celery, 1 onion (chopped), 1/2 cup raisins, 1/2 cup dill pickles (chopped), 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup miracle whip, 2 tsps prepared mustard, salt and pepper.
• Cooking Directions: Dice King Sue ham into 1/2-inch cubes (or bite-sized). Combine ham and cheese with macaroni (previously boiled and softened), celery, onion and pickle, raisins. Mix in the mayonnaise and mustard; then add salt and pepper to taste. Stir into macaroni mixture, and mix all ingredients well. Top with parmesan cheese and Chill (for several hours for maximum flavor) until ready to serve.
2. GERMAN FRANKS SALAD. This easy-to-make German Salad with a vegetable-based mix, and King Sue Franks is great anytime of the day and even for picnics! Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
• Ingredients: 1/4 cup yellow mustard, 2 tsp juice of Lemon, 1 rounded teaspoon granulated sugar, 3 tbsp Olive oil, 1 small white onion, thinly sliced, 1 small cabbage, shredded, 2 tomatoes, diced, 2 tsp pickle relish, salt and freshly ground pepper, 3 pcs King Sue German Franks sliced diagonally.
• Cooking Directions: In a large bowl, combine the mustard, lemon juice, sugar and Olive oil. Add in the onion, cabbage, tomatoes and pickles, then toss. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pan-fry the hotdog slices and scatter them on top of the salad.
3. SALAD WITH BERRY DRESSING TOP WITH SWEET HAM. Feasting but not fasting on flavor—this is what you get with this salad in sweet, creamy berry-based dressing.
• Ingredients: Salad greens, shredded, Carrots, shredded, Diced tomatoes, Corn kernels, Diced King Sue Sweet Ham
• For the dressing: ½cup Raspberry vinegar, 1 cup Mayonnaise, 2 tbsps Dijon mustard, 4 tbsps Honey, Salt and pepper to taste
• Cooking Time: 7 Minutes
• Cooking Directions: In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients for the dressing and whisk until well-blended. Toss the salad greens, carrots, tomatoes, corn and ham together. Drizzle with the berry dressing. Serve in attractive salad bowls.
4. FRUITS-AND-HAM SALAD. Ham goes well with anything; you can even pair it with your favorite fruits. Brighten up your bowl with fresh fruit salads mixed with King Sue Sliced Hawaiian ham.
• Ingredients: 2 Green Apple (or any fruit you like), 1 orange segmented, juice of 1 lemon, 300 gms King Sue Sliced Hawaiian Ham, 1 cup sour cream, ¼ cup all-purpose cream, ½ tsp sugar, 3 tbsp parmesan Cheese, 6 cups or 1 pack of mixed greens, Walnuts, Freshly Ground Pepper, Salt.
• Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
• Cooking Directions: Thinly slice the apples. Toss with lemon juice in a large bowl. To make the dressing, combine sour cream and all purpose cream, sugar with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss together the mixed greens, King Sue Hawaiian Ham, apples, pineapple juice and orange. Top everything with walnuts and parmesan cheese.
Hard Rock is celebrating the grand opening of its Cafe in Manila by bringing the brand’s one-of-kind blend of music, entertainment, iconi...
Metrobank bagged three major awards in the recently concluded Asian Banker Transaction Awards Programme 2018Metrobank bagged three major awards in the recently concluded Asian Banker Transaction Awards Programme 2018 held at the China World Hote...
At the Four Seasons Hotel in Hong Kong, the world’s best banks gathered for The Asset Triple A Treasury, Trade, Supply Chain and Risk Mana...